I'm a designer of many things and I specialize in:
- Instructional Design
- Web Design
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Media
- UX Design
What I Work On
I work on a lot of projects during my workday and during my free time. These are some of what I work on during my day.
- DaVita - I'm a Senior Instructional Designer in the IT department at DaVita full-time. This fills up most of my day.
- Exprance - I build websites and some digital marketing for clients all around the globe. You'll also find many blog posts that help small business owners market their business online.
- WPmaintain - WordPress is an awesome platform for websites but it needs to be maintained and secured. This service helps owners of WordPress website by taking the entire worry of WordPress off their shoulders.
- Loclweb - I set up a WaaS (WordPress or Website as a Service) using WordPress to help local small businesses have a professional yet affordable website and marketing. This service is all inclusive including hosting, maintenance, and weekly reports.
- App Marketing Video - At DaVita I've created many quick videos for the release of updates to software and even new software, that's what I do here. These videos are usually 2-4 minutes and cover the new changes in a short marketing video that doesn't go into great detail but covers the main changes to make it more approachable for employees.
As you can see I have a lot of projects going on which fill up my evenings and weekends. If you'd like to talk to me about any of my projects or work with me, just let me know! You can also head to any of the projects above to learn more about them and even purchase one.
My Personal & Learning Blog Posts
I haven't blogged in a while on here. That's because I've been busy blogging about WordPress and on other projects. You can still read my blog posts about learning in the workplace, Instructional Design, and other musings from the past.
You never know, I could publish a new blog post at any time here also. It's not impossible.
If you haven’t been to the front of my web site, you haven’t seen my daughter using my cell phone at 18 months, and better than my parents use theirs. That’s her below, browsing around, although I photoshopped her app with one of my blog posts. Before her, my experience was limited how well kids…
I often find myself glancing at the TV while Sesame Street is on for my daughter, and admittedly I watch it more than she does, so on many occasions I’ve seen the following clip. It’s an entertaining video and Melissa McCarthy is always very funny, so that helps make my analogy a little more entertaining.…
About a month ago I ran across this great post about using a personal hashtag to promote your portfolio. It took me some time to start using my new hashtag because I had to think about how I wanted to use it (and what hashtag I wanted to use). Eventually I settled on #nickleffportfolio which…