I'm a designer of many things and I specialize in:
- Instructional Design
- Web Design
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Media
- UX Design
What I Work On
I work on a lot of projects during my workday and during my free time. These are some of what I work on during my day.
- DaVita - I'm a Senior Instructional Designer in the IT department at DaVita full-time. This fills up most of my day.
- Exprance - I build websites and some digital marketing for clients all around the globe. You'll also find many blog posts that help small business owners market their business online.
- WPmaintain - WordPress is an awesome platform for websites but it needs to be maintained and secured. This service helps owners of WordPress website by taking the entire worry of WordPress off their shoulders.
- Loclweb - I set up a WaaS (WordPress or Website as a Service) using WordPress to help local small businesses have a professional yet affordable website and marketing. This service is all inclusive including hosting, maintenance, and weekly reports.
- App Marketing Video - At DaVita I've created many quick videos for the release of updates to software and even new software, that's what I do here. These videos are usually 2-4 minutes and cover the new changes in a short marketing video that doesn't go into great detail but covers the main changes to make it more approachable for employees.
As you can see I have a lot of projects going on which fill up my evenings and weekends. If you'd like to talk to me about any of my projects or work with me, just let me know! You can also head to any of the projects above to learn more about them and even purchase one.
My Personal & Learning Blog Posts
I haven't blogged in a while on here. That's because I've been busy blogging about WordPress and on other projects. You can still read my blog posts about learning in the workplace, Instructional Design, and other musings from the past.
You never know, I could publish a new blog post at any time here also. It's not impossible.
When you start a new project, are you asking the following questions: Who is the real project stakeholder? Who holds the biggest stake in your project? The answer to these questions probably isn’t who you think it is. Common Answers There are two simple answers to the second question. The problem with the common answers is that…
Without managers being fully invested in training, there is no chance it will have an effect on people. Just as with everything else in an organization, training relies on its importance being exemplified by leaders. That means leaders should not dictate employees take training, but rather be an example of how it’s important. If a…
Progress can seem like a scary thing sometimes. It can mean that the things we’re comfortable with are suddenly pulled out from under us. A world which everything is familiar can suddenly become a world we look around in and don’t recognize anything. Of course we all feel like this about something, but often not…
This is my obligatory end of the year post reflecting on my year in 2015. It’s not really obligatory of course, but it’s fun to look back at all my posts and reflect. Some of my posts from earlier in the year seem so old by the time the end of the year rolls around…