I'm a designer of many things and I specialize in:
- Instructional Design
- Web Design
What I Work On
I work on a lot of projects during my workday and during my free time. These are some of what I work on during my day.
- DaVita - I'm a Senior Instructional Designer in the IT department at DaVita full-time. This fills up most of my day.
- coursePlatform.dev - This is somewhat of extension of my web designing but it's more of a hope where I'll focus in the future. I would like to niche down in custom course platforms so that's why I'm doing. It's all about focus which is why I've not been doing too much with Exprance lately.
- WPHubSite - I saw a huge gap in cost and simplicity when it came to WordPress and HubSpot. That started my journey in creating a platform that is simple enough for slightly tech-able people to truly take advantage of the power that HubSpot has when combined with WordPress and for a lot less money than the HubSpot CMS costs.
- Exprance - I build websites and some digital marketing for clients all around the globe. You'll also find many blog posts that help small business owners market their business online.
- WPmaintain - WordPress is an awesome platform for websites but it needs to be maintained and secured. This service helps owners of WordPress website by taking the entire worry of WordPress off their shoulders.
- Loclweb - I set up a WaaS (WordPress or Website as a Service) using WordPress to help local small businesses have a professional yet affordable website and marketing. This service is all inclusive including hosting, maintenance, and weekly reports.
As you can see I have a lot of projects going on which fill up my evenings and weekends. If you'd like to talk to me about any of my projects or work with me, just let me know! You can also head to any of the projects above to learn more about them and even purchase one.
Technology + Design Blog
I've been up to a lot of different activities lately so you'll find a lot about that here. I've also started writing a little review of each book I read because I enjoy doing that. Not because it's about technology or design but it's fun.
This post isn’t about formal learning but I wanted to use that as a segue because my day job is more in the formal corporate learning space. My goal of this post is to share my newest project that I just started working on a few weeks ago and why I’m doing it. I enjoy…
After my long hiatus from business reading I browsed through the business category in Apple Books for my next cheap read. I’m not sure what I found could be considered a business book but more of a living book. I chose Lives Of The Stoics by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman (also available on Amazon)…
After reading this book for a while (it was pretty long) I finished Ireland by Frank Delaney (also available on Amazon). As I mentioned on my last book review (which was also fun) I wasn’t too sure about this book from the beginning. Well, it began to grow on me and it was a riveting…
This book took me to the 1850s in Ohio but the journey didn’t begin there. The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier (also available on Amazon) begins in England with a long journey by ship across the ocean and then by land to the destination of a small town in Ohio. I don’t envy the people…