I'm a designer of many things and I specialize in:
- Instructional Design
- Web Design
- Love of Technology
What I Work On
I work on a lot of projects during my workday and during my free time. These are some of what I work on during my day.
- DaVita - I'm a Senior Instructional Designer in the IT department at DaVita full-time. This fills up most of my day.
- Course Platform Developers - This is somewhat of extension of my web designing but it's more of a hope where I'll focus in the future. I would like to niche down in custom course platforms so that's why I'm doing. It's all about focus which is why I've not been doing too much with Exprance lately.
- WPHubSite - I saw a huge gap in cost and simplicity when it came to WordPress and HubSpot. That started my journey in creating a platform that is simple enough for slightly tech-able people to truly take advantage of the power that HubSpot has when combined with WordPress and for a lot less money than the HubSpot CMS costs.
- Exprance - I build websites and some digital marketing for clients all around the globe. You'll also find many blog posts that help small business owners market their business online.
- WPmaintain - WordPress is an awesome platform for websites but it needs to be maintained and secured. This service helps owners of WordPress website by taking the entire worry of WordPress off their shoulders.
- Loclweb - I set up a WaaS (WordPress or Website as a Service) using WordPress to help local small businesses have a professional yet affordable website and marketing. This service is all inclusive including hosting, maintenance, and weekly reports.
As you can see I have a lot of projects going on which fill up my evenings and weekends. If you'd like to talk to me about any of my projects or work with me, just let me know! You can also head to any of the projects above to learn more about them and even purchase one.
Technology + Design Blog
I've been up to a lot of different activities lately so you'll find a lot about that here. I've also started writing a little review of each book I read because I enjoy doing that. Not because it's about technology or design but it's fun.
What motto do you live by? Lately I’ve been focusing a great deal on the less is more way of living. I don’t mean saying it and then living by the more is more motto either. Saying one thing but doing another seems to be popular. When I say less is more, it resonates with…
I’ve wanted to write a book for a long time, but I’m still no closer to actually doing it. Before anybody writes a book, they should have a pretty clear goal. I don’t have a goal or even an idea. So, writing a book at this point would be a waste of time. That doesn’t…
The latest business book I finished is Find Your Why by Simon Sinek with David Mead & Peter Docker. This book was not really content that should have been a book, though. I feel like I wasted a lot of time because of that. There were a few tidbits of information in the book but…
My most recent read was Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O’Farrell which I’m not sure why it’s named that. Aside from taking place in a London heatwave where there was water rationing and such there’s nothing heatwave about it. It was very fitting, though, because where I live (northern California) just recently had two…